Smegma collection in genital area, foreskin not retracting, possibility of infection, circumcision

my son has smegma collection in his genital area. he is 2 years old. his foreskin has not opened up. has no problem in urinating. been adviced to use a steroid to open the foreskin. how long will it take for the smegma to disappear? can dilation help? can the smegma cause infection . if yes, how to avoid? how long can we wait so that we avoid the probability of an infection? is circumsion the only solution?
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012