Smart toe installed on big toe broke off. Got fixed but infected. Device sucking infection. Any problem?

yes, thank you. my question is about the smart toe installed on my wifes foot (big toe) it broke off after being in position for a year.when back and had sit fixed with same product and right now it is infested and wife has been treating it with a device that sucks the infection out and requires a home nurse to come and service it twice a week is there any problem with the product need advise.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013

Thanks for writing to Healthcare magic,

I have studied your case,
Infection can occur in any type of implant as its a foreign body .most important reason for infection is aseptic precaution during surgery.
If you are diabetic there is increased chance of infection.
Yes first get rid of infection.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.