Small sunken spot on the scalp after being hit. Is the kid in danger?

My daughter claims to have hit her head on the bathtub spout while I was taking her younger sister out of the bath. The spout has broken off and piece of the piping as well. When i walked back into the bathroom, she was trying to "fix" the spout. She is not bleeding, has no visible red/purple spots and has been watching cartoons for an hour and a half. My parents told me not to allow her to sleep so I have let her stay up. I ask her where her head hurts and she says she does not know and she can not tell me where the spit made contact with her spout. She does however how a tiny sunken in spot in the top of her scull. I am not sure if this is from the hit, or if it has always been this way. Is she in danger?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013

The sunken spot you mention on her scalp must be a small bump which feels soft. If she is normal now and able to do normal daily activities then i guess you can relax.The bump will settle down in few days.

However whenever a child incurs head injury one must watch out for multiple vomits and abnormal behaviour in the next 24 hrs .If any of these happen then report to her doctor.At present if there is pain there you could give her a pain killer and put some ice packs on the area of hit.

Take Care