Small, red spots on arms, form a thin white layer that eventually peels off post scratching, similar spots on legs. What could these be?

I am a 65-year old female and recently one or two occasional small, red, round spots appears in various locations on my arms. The size is about wooden-match-head size and they are perfectly round. After a day or so, I can scratch it & a thin white layer peels off. They do not itch & eventually just go away. I also have more and larger similar spots on my lower legs, but attribute them to poor circulation because I ve had vein surgery on both legs. I asked my dermatologist to quickly take a look when I went with my husband - she said she had no idea. I m just curious, not really concerned about them. Thank you. Attached are two pictures, the most recent one near inside of left elbow & one about to go away near outside of left wrist .
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
hi i think u are suffering from pleva .it presents as pin head sized papules which on scratching removes the white layer and peels can be cured by regular application of moisteriser and application of dipsalic ointment over the lesions.use of oral antibiotic twice daily can cure the infection and prtevent recurrences