Small red spot on the underside of forearm, yellowish dot marks inside it. Applied tinactin. Insect bite?

Last Friday I noticed this small red spot on the underside of my forearm that had 6 yellowish dot marks inside it in a form of a ring. Almost looked like a sucker. Not sure if a spider has bitten me or another bug. It does not itch . I applied Tinactin and left the area open . It is dry but the 6 dotlike marks are so distinct. The redness is till there. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Hello Mary,

Welcome and thanks for posting on HCM

It will be kind of difficult to actually tell the kind of skin affection without setting an eye on the lesion. But from your description it seems you are having skin most probably due to a fungi (tinea corporis). It could also be due to other infections such as bacteria or even virus. My suggestion is continue applying the tinactin (antifungus) on it for a couple of days to weeks. If that persist then you will need to consult with a dermatologist. Use of hydrocortisone cream can also help to do away with the lesion.