Small red sores on abdomen with pus, dried after applying benadryl, worse after sun exposure, no fever or discomfort. Advice?

My son has suddenly developed small red sores like a small mosquito bite with white. white pustuals at the center/tip, almost like a pimple . There are about 8 of them scattered randomly on his abdomin. He said they itched at first but when he tried to scratch them they hurt. They also hurt when his tshirt rubs against them. I put benedryl on them and they appeared to dry up, but he was playing in the sun and pool. Tonight they look worse. They started 2 days ago. They are not bites. No fever or real discomfort. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012

Thanks for writing here.

It seems your child is having prurigo.It is a kind of skin allergy which is common in children.

Continue with benadryl.You need to apply a steroid antiboitic combination like fucibet over the lesions.

In case if lesion does not resolve it will be better to meet a dermatologist.

Hope this will help you.Take care.