Small marble sized lump on left shin, on the mid shaft, smaller lump developed next to it, non painful, non movable

I have a marble sized, rigid lump on my left shin . Mid shaft. Its been there for months. Now a second smaller one has developed aprox 3 inches inferior to first one. Not painful but I can feel them there. They do not move around if I touch them. They are under the skin of course and at a glance look like I have a marble just under the skin. They do not move when I flex and extend my foot .
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think first you get x ray to make sure that your bone is normal and they are not arising from bone. If they are arising from bone you can ignore them if there is no pain. If you feel that there is any pain than you can get them excised. If there is no bone and it is just fat, then also it just need observation. You can take opinion from an orthopedic surgeon.