Small lump between bottom of ear and spinal cord causing burning and tingling, increased discomfort. Cause of concern?

OK, I have a small lump between the bottom of the ear and the spinal cord . It causes burning and tingling (can tell it comes from that spot). I have had it over a year and the lump appears to change in size but the discomfort is increasing. If I lay on a pillow with pressure there, it causes the burning and tingling to increase. Is this something to be concerned with? Also, I have been having increased balance issue and headaches .
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012