Small line appeared under skin and top of ribcage, pain

About a week ago, a small line appeared under my skin and on top of my ribcage (right side). It would produce a sharp pain when I stretched that side of my body. It seems to have gotten longer, beginning at the top-right of my right pectoral and stemming down to the lowest point of my ribcage (near the center of my torso). It is visible only in the right lighting. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. going by the history, [line which stops in the mid line (center of torso] with pain should be suspected for Herpes Zoster.
2. You should see a Dermatologist, regarding skin symptoms [ for any vesicles over the skin] along with appropriate line of treatment [anti viral drugs like acyclovir and pain killers like ibuprofen and calamine lotion for soothing], and if he thinks there is secondary infection due to vesicles he may prescribe silver sulphadiazine or soframycin ointment [antibiotic]
3. since swelling and lump can be excluded by your history, still check with chest X -ray to rule out the possibility [if any], please seek medical assessment.