Small, itchy red bumps over legs spreading to body. What could the cause be?

I have been having small red bumps spots I referr them to be they first appeared last year I noticed some on my thighs then the next day they were all over my legs and the day next day they were spread through my entire body it looked very disgusting I have sensitive skin and they are very itchy and because of that they scarred all over my body and in July this year they stopped coming. But yesterday I noticed in the morning I had two on my right arm and later that day took a shower and and about 15 all over my right arm so I was nervous as hell to wake up today to find them all over except I about 8 pm tonight I had about 40 total new ones all over my body. In the last year I haven t been able to find the exact cause or reason let alone I don t have med insurance and I m only 19 and independent and because of this has caused me to lose my job and cause stressed and I can t wear anything without ppl asking me about it. I have had insomia because of this and it s become now a health concern because I don t know what s causing this and it s scaring me.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Small itcy bumps which a such a rapiid progress can be urticaria.use a antihistamine.antibiotic and calamine lotion.rule out chicken pox or vasculitis