Small intestine resection surgery, unable to keep down liquids. What can i feed her?

My mother had a small intestine resection surgery. She is now home and 11 days post op. She is still unable to keep down liquids and was released from the hospital three days ago. How long can we except this to continue and is there anything I can feed her that would stay down. I have tried jello, pudding, frozen yogurt, broth, and soup. I am at a loss as to know what I can do for her.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
The small intestine resection surgery done, but for what resection done, you have not stated it here, without knowing this it is difficult to say anything on medical ground, we always looking for at least brief medical and surgical history, so we can provisionally advise you something, more over in a surgical cases only the surgeon knows the exact intraoperative procedure, the anastomosis done by him the method he applied, these all factor are greatly responsible for post surgical events, so you better discus it with the surgeon who did the surgery, have nice day .