Small child, stomach pain. Taken pepto bismol, vomiting episodes. Pepto bismol safe medication for children?

My daughter has had a belly ache for a little less than 24 hours. Her dad gave her pepto bismol, he cannot verify time or amount given outside of just little spoon full . To the best of my understanding it was about 3ish hours afterwards, when she was back with me, that she has thrown up very violently a few times. She has now settled and gone to sleep. I wasn t aware of the pepto until after all of this. Is pepto bismal safe for a 5 year old? Should I take her to er?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012