Small child, red circular spots on buttocks, upper thighs, no itching. Treatment for skin condition?

My son has these red circles in his diaper area and upper thighs. They have a dark pin head size spot in the center. They are flat and aside from being red, they are like his skin (not shiny, not raised, not rough, not dry, etc). They don t appear to itch or bother him in any way. They have come and gone for 6 or so months. It is not diaper rash, yeast rash, chickenpox , measles ...metc. Likely a skin condition of some sort. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012