Small child, lymph nodes behind ears, active child. Cause of worry?

Hi doctor, my son began having 2 lymph nodes behind both ear when he was less than 1 year old.. We saw the pediatrician but was advised that its not worrying unless it grows bigger. My son is 1 year and 8 months now and he is growing fine.. Weighing about 12 kg and very active little boy. Is there anything I should be worried about?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Palpable lymph nodes without any other symptoms are normal finding in children. As children grows these lymph nodes regresses in size.
Enlarged lymph nodes may also be due to some local infections.
In case of your son he is asymptomatic and there is no sore throat or scalp infection. So it is just a normal finding. Your doctor has advised him correct. So you just be watchful for any change in swelling like pain, increase in size etc. and don't worry about this.

Pediatrician Dr. Sudha Shree Venkataraman's  Response

Nothing to worry.
Since he is growing well and there is no change in the lymph node size or consistency, you need not worry. Some kids have such lymph nodes especially behind the ears which automatically regress by 2 to 3 yrs of age.
Hope you find my answer helpful.