Small child given penta, rota vaccination, pain. Prescribed ibugesic plus medication. Safe to give?

My son (2 and half months old) was given penta and rota vaccination today. Everything was alright after that until roughly 4 hours later he started crying and howling. When we consulted our local paed over a call she diagnosed vaccine as the cause and prescribed ibugesic plus 1 ml as a solution. We gave the prescribed dose but Is the medicine safe? Also, the dose has not given complete respite from the pain as he is still crying. Please suggest.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013