Small child, fever, moodiness, leg pain, rubbing eyes often. Treatment for symptoms?

Hello, my two year old has been extremely grumpy the last week, she has been running a fever off and on the last five days. No symptoms but and whines a lot and complains occasionally of pain in her legs, rubs her eyes often. I brought her into the doctor two days ago, he checked her over and was not too worried, said to wait it out. She wakes every night screaming at four o clock and is so miserable, I do not like waiting it out !!
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013