Small child, eye injury, black discolouration, cut inside eye. Cause of worry?

My 3 year old bumped her eye on the edge of a coffee table a week ago, she had a black eye and a little cut to theside of the eye. The black eye is gone and so is the inflamation but today i noticed that the spot where the cut was feel a bit hard and squishy, my guess is that it doesn t hurt because does not cry when i touch it butshould i be worried about it?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013

thanks for writing to health care magic

black eye seems to be and looks to be dangerous but normally subsides without much problem

if there is a cut inside the should definitely show to a pediatrician or a opthalmologist

is the child looking normally in all the directions

normally when ever there is cut during the healing process there will be some induration

and therefore the site will be little bit hard to touch

hope this helps

take care