Small child, dark skin on knuckle, dry and hard skin. Treatment?

My 6 month old has something on her pointer finger knuckle that looks like a burn mark. The skin is tougher the the non irritated skin too. I know she wasn t burned by anything. I did notice it a few hours ago but it was not nearly as red or inflamed. Thought it was more of just a mark from her sucking on her finger. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
Such a mark can be anything
If your child has slept with pressure on that point, that may cause such a hardening. It may be some trivial injury that might have missed your eyes. But you dont need to worry. As long is it is not red or warm or tender to touch', it should resolve on its own.
If it persists it would be wise to show to a pediatric surgeon.
Hope that helps
God bless you