Small child, cone shaped head, soft spot on head. Treatment options?

my son now 3 month.he born with ceasirian and his head is like some cone shape and some height on top of soft spot.i want to see my son head in round shape i am afraid he will with round head or not please give me suggestions.i am nearer to XXXXXX
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
thank you for your query.
Shape of the head is hereditary. the shape changes with age and growing brain.the soft spot is natural and is called fontanalle which provides space for the growing will close at 18 months of age or earlier. If the cone shaped head is associated with facial dysmorphism, small head circumference or neurological symptoms then it might be a case of caniosynostosis which will warrant investigation.Otherwise there is no reason to panic at all. Hope this satisfies your query.Have a nice day.
Pediatrician Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Every individual has a unique shape of the head and it should not be moulded. As your son grows you will find that the shape will become rounder. You need not worry about it.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.