Small child, complains of recurring chemical odour, hearing voices. Causes for symptoms?

My ten year old daughter complains of a chemically smell that comes & goes. She has only reported this the last month or so, & she is very self conscious about it because it has occured at school, & the first few times she asked her classmates Ewwww, what is that smell?! , but no one else could smell anything. It is very awkward for her. Also she mentioned hearing a voice in her head, but I am not sure if she meant literally or in the what is that little voice inside you saying, etc. I asked her casually what the voice was saying and if it was scary, but she didn t know & said it wasn t scary. It is possible she didn t mean she was literally hearing voices . I m concerned with the phantom smells added to this. Help please?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012