Small child, brown worms in stools, normal appetite. How to prevent worms in stools?

Hi, I m becoming a bit concerned. My 7 month old babys poop seemed like it contained brown worms in it. They didnt move or anything. This is the 3rd time I observe this ... As there was other poop that did t have it. I m really afraid she s infested with worms. Her appetite has been fine... Eating and playing well. I m keeping tuis poop to take to doctor Monday. But now still worried and don t know what to do if she does have dark brown worms.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, why do you want to wait till monday, but rather sent the stool for examination for ova and cysts today itself. She could have got worms from your pets or from the toys of other kids if she goes to a day care center. You need to get the results andif they are indeed worms then she has to be dewormed and you need to take better care about her food and her surroundings. If you have pets then get them dewormed periodically and keep the surroundings of your baby's playpen clean. Take care.