Small child, born with HIV positive status, cough, restlessness at night. Mother has HIV. Treatment?

The small child under investigation here was born to an HIV+ve mother in Los Angeles, but both are now resident with relatives in London. He has had a difficult first year of life, having also been diagnosed as HIV+ve soon after birth. His mother brought him to Casualty because of her concern with his cough and unwillingness to settle at night. At Casualty, his temperature was measured at 38.5oC and he was admitted for further investigations.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012