Small bump on incision hardening after meniscus surgery. Will it heal?

I had meniscus surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have developed a small bump on one of the incisions which is hardening and when I press on it, it hurts quite a bit. I am able to use my knee - I have returned to my spinning class with no issues. It feels great. But I am very concerned about the bump. I am unable to kneel without pain. Went back to surgeon one week ago and he stuck a needle in there; it bled. He felt it would heal and did not seem concerned. Do you have an opinion?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012

I have read your query.

Next time you should get culture sensitivity get done when ever your doctor struck needle in it to rule out the infection, if any.

There may be some infection in it.

I hope it helps.