Slight crack on 5th metatarsal bone on right foot. How long will I have to wear aircast boot ?

HI Doctor I have a slight crack on my fith metatarsel bone on my right foot . It was not broken but a slight crack. I was put in a cast for 2 weeks (until yesterday) and now have been told that I have to wear an aircast boot for 4 weeks as of yesterday. The question I would like you to answer is- I am in the UK and went to my local hospital the intial doctor told me 4 weeks and was very attentive (this is when I got my original cast on 2 weeks ago). When I got my plaster cast off yesterday I was told by a 2nd doctor (without any further xray ) that I should have this air cast on for 4 weeks however the initial diagnosis was for 4 weeks all in..Can you clarify (as it was a small crack) how long I should waer the boot as another 4 weeks seems excessive. Thank you for your reply
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013