Sleepwalking in intervals, cries in sleep. Giving warm water to soothe. What is the solution?

Hi, my 71/2 month old keeps waking every night. She goes down for sleep great at 8.30 then at 12.00 it starts she will wake, it's now with a cry. I give her soother some water and back asleep till 2.00pm same thing and again at 5 some times 6. At each interval it make take more than one time to get her back. I've tried so many things but open to more.... Could you shed some light on this, one exhausted mother, thanks :)
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Hi my dear,

I understand it is exhausting to take care of a baby, but do not worry. By the passing of the time, you will forget the tiredness and will be proud of your sweety.

It is normal for babies to wake up during the night sleep. The reasons why she is crying could be because she is hungry. Are you still breastfeeding her? If yes, then, feed her all the times she wakes up.

If you have stopped breastfeeding her, then, can talk to a pediatritian to give formula during the night.

To prevent her being hungry all night, give her a rich dinner particularly with proteins to make her feel full.

Giving water is another good choice to get her soother.

Next, please be patient, your baby is at the teething age, so, perhaps she might be having aches. Before sending to bed at night, give her some chamomile tea (a couple of teaspoons) together with acetaminophen syrup (1 coffee spoon) to make her rest at night and stop the pain if she is having any.

At the end, please be patient, usually, babies and infants would wake up several times at night to feed, drink water or just to be soothed by you (her dearest mother). Take some rest when your baby is asleep.

All the best my dear!