Slammed on the ear with a earbud on, stabbing pain if made a contact with the ear, have tonsilitis, on antibiotics. Advice?

Hello A few years ago now when i was 16 or so (so about 10 years ago) i was cleaning my ears out with a cotton bud. I was in a rush and left the bud half in and half out my ear and went to brush my hair at the same time... in my mad rush i slammed (and i mean SLAMMED) the bud straight into my ear with my arm . Oh dear god the pain was like nothing before and it floored me. I couldnt even cry out because it hurt so much. It still makes me wince thinking about it. Anyway, 10 years on and it still gives me a bit of trouble. If i get even a slight knock to the head on the side where i hurt myself, if i playfight or if i lean on my hand or if someone gives me a hug and makes contact with that ear with even a slight amount of pressure it feels like a knife is being jabbed into my ear. Is this normal? I am also prone to tonsillitus all the time. Only mildly. But my glands are always flaring up and i tend to be on antibiotics every now and again. Any advice would be appreciated!
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
do you remember if there was any bleeding at that time? has there been any discharge? See an ENT physician and a proper otoscopic examination done to rule out any tympanic membrane tear as well as rule out any CSOM. the doctor can even suggest whether you also need tonsillectomy since its been an ongoing issue.