Skipped heartbeats, done holter monitor test. Afraid of getting heart attack

hello -i have been having these skipped heart beats off and on which last from minutes to 6 hours or more--it started in 2009 .i am 51 years old. have had a holter monitor test which showed that i was prone to have these skipped heart rates.duuring these attacks i become very anxious because i feel like my heart is going to stop beating and am so afraid of getting a heart attack and blood slots.hoever the drs will not prescribe me any medicine. i also get these tingling sensations on my tongue and just last night during the attack a strange feeling in my chest-- can you please help me to understand what i should do and if these symptoms are normal
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012