Skin peeling in inner mouth. Due to not brushing teeth for 2 days or something serious?

hey i went to my boyfriends house one week ago and stayed there two days , i forgot my toothbrush so i didnt brush my teeth 2 days straight, we ate a lot of different things, some of them hot and then i noticed the gums in the inner top right side of my mouth seemed like they peeled off and they were red, i bought a mouth wash and the problem cleared up in a couple of days, but im still thinking about it. could it be an indication of something serious
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012