Skin of 5 month old turned pinkish after applying soframycin cream. Worried due to reaction

I applied soframycin skin cream on my five month old baby near his neck region below his chin about 15 days back but the skin has become pink in that region. Looks like its not healing that well and is taking quite a bit of time .However i stopped apllication of the same after this reaction and i am applying cetaphil lotion on it now . Firstly i m really worried about the pinkish skin in that region still persisting ? Secondly has application of this cream really affected his skin and should i take him to a dermatologist ? Thirdly is application of cetaphil lotion on it ok and can i continue applying it ?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012