on which you applied soframycin
cream need to be assessed first.
Soframycin is antibacterial cream and it is quite a safe cream however the rash if not bacterial will not respond .It could be that your child was suffering from someother type of rash like fungal or allergic and hence needs other type of creams.Cetaphil
is a cleansing lotion and hence would just make the lesion clean and the skin soft over the area.I would suggest you get him examined by his doctor or dermatologist
to first diagnose the condition before applying anything on the lesion.