Skin injury, brown discharge, no pain or swelling. Anything to worry about?

I came off a scooter in thailand and took a lot of skin off on my knee. It's now been about 2 and a half weeks and while it seems to be getting better, it smells a little like wet dog. It's quite a large scab and a couple of times a day,
usually just after I have got out the shower or while i'm asleep it will seep out brownish liquid. It doesn't hurt and there is no swelling. I was just wondering if this was anything to worry about?
Like I said, it doesn't hurt and it doesn't look like anything is infected but it's just the slight smell problem and the fact that this brownish puss comes out after a shower or if I've had my leg strait for a couple of hours from standing up and I bend it too fast.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Seepage of serum indicates that still there is infection.
You need treatment with oral as well as topical antibiotics.
Application of normal saline compress will also help you.
Take care to remove only that part of scab which is wet, the dry one should be allowed to remain as such.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Thank you