Side of toe red and painful after grown toenail surgery, purplish. Is this an infection ?

Hello, I had in grown toenail surgery about 5 days ago. The pain is gone. The doctor cut it out, killed the nerves with some liquid and cauterized it. Now that side of the toe is red and painful, and so it some of the top of my to near the nail. Its turning purple a little bit as well. Is this an infection? Or a clot? Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
welcome to healthcare magic forum
you need not to worry as it does not seem like infection .
as doctor has apply liquid and cauterized it will take up to 2 wk to have healing .
if you feel pain ,swelling ,redness suddenly ,than rush to doctor
he must has give you antibiotic .
apply antibiotic cream to avoid infection
i hope i answered your question .

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you might have got some infection at the site.Take one antibiotic medicine for 2-3 days.
Do regular dressing with antibiotic cream.
Ok and bye.