Shoulders dislocated. Treatment?

i have got my shoulders dislocated but it dint come off entirely i should say partially dislocated. In the very next moment it fell back in its place. But its becoming periodic is there any solution,exercises to strengthen my shoulders? any additional things i should know?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Its evident from your description that you suffer recurrent shoulder dislocations. The culprit for your problem could be either in the soft tissues enveloping the shoulder joint like ligaments, muscles, capsule etc or a defect in the head of the humerus (arm bone).

A detailed clinical examination & MRI scan might be needed to assess the soft tissues around the shoulder joint.

Physiotherapy is not of much benefit in recurrent shoulder dislocations. Arthroscopic surgical correction of your problem offers good clinical outcomes. So, I suggest you to consult an Arthroscopic surgeon having adequate experience in Arthroscopic shoulder surgeries and follow his advice accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day