Shoulder, neck and hip pain, tests showed high ESR. Could it be polymyalgia rheumatica?

Hello Doc. My father has very high ESR(approx 120) for a long time, and doctors did a lot of tests and treatments. Nothing good happened though, and from last 6 months, he was complaining about shoulder pain, neck pain and hip pain. The docs instead of treating him with perfect evidences, started giving random meds and calling for follow-up. Now, i am seriously fed up with these procedures and i decided to start my own so called investigation on it. And now i have found out that a disease called Polymyalgia Rheumatica exactly fits my dad s condition. just want to know from you that is my guess okay? Because no doc has yet told me about this, they suspected it to be Gall Bladder Stone or Tuberculosis . Can you guide me with this, the treatment procedures and all. Thank You, Ashim
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012