Shoulder injury due to lifting weights, done icing, taken Ibuoprofen. When can I start lifting again?

Hi! Two weeks ago I hurt my shoulder lifting weights. The pain was never too strong, I ve been always able to lift my arm hight without feeling strong pain. I never had trouble sleeping, meaning that the shoulder pain never woke me up. The next day I hurt my shoulder I applied ice 4 times a day for 15 minutes apron, and start taking anti-inflammatory pills ( Ibuprofen 600mg) each 12 hours, did all this for 7 days, and rested a lot I even skipped the gym (which I never do). After those 7 days of rest and ice, I started doing rehab exercise with very few weight (pretty much with rubber bands). It s been two weeks and the pain has pretty much gone. My question is, when can I start lifting weights again? I am conscious that I CAN T start lifting what I used to, and that I have to start from scratch and using very small weights. But I am desperate to go back to lifting. Again, the pain was never too strong, everybody told me it was my rotator cuff , but the pain felt different, it even grew up to my clavicle and my neck (never too strong, just a bit annoying). PLEASE HELP! I really want to go back to lifting weights, can I at least do biceps and triceps? or back exercises? What about chest?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012