Shoulder blade pain, pain in pectoral muscle area, sensation in tricap, numb fingers. What is going on?

I am 48 years old, 5 6 and 180lbs. I have a sharp stabbing pain under my left shoulder blade, and a sharp pulling pain in my left pectoral muscle area. Then it turns into an intense/painful burning sensation down my tricep, over my forearm them my thumb , pointer and middle finger go numb. I have had an MRI that was reportedly normal. I did a round of predisone as the neurosurgeon though it might me a viral infection in the solar plexus area and he has seen it cause the same symptoms. I ve done the dose pack and continue with the painful symptoms. I am taking neurotin 3 x a day which is controlling the pain but I still get intense tingling down my arm and the pain in my shoulder blade and pec is returning. I have talked with a massage therapist who found an article on peri-menopausal tendonitis . I have started peri-menopause with night sweats and irregular periods. I live on a small island with limited medical resources. My doctor and I are stumped! Any ideas?? I am going to go to the massage therapist but she is not sure what to do either? Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013