Should I take medicine for high blood pressure ?

i m 43. my blood pressure is 145/92, should i take medicine now?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
i dont think u should start medicine as it is mild elevated
it may be stress related also
u need to check it again after 3 day and compare both
do regular exercise and reduce stress
yoga is the best exercise
pranayam also help to reduce pressure
avoid salt in ur diet
also avoid oily ,spicy food and processed food
do regular check up
diet control and exercise will surely help u ,if u will do it properly.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Firstly you need to modify your diet and exercise as well. Stop eating junk food, fatty food, pastries, colas, pizzas. Eat more of fresh fruits and vegetables everyday like banana, orange, chikoos etc. Eat pulses, cereal like oats. Add fresh green leafy vegetables in the diet for antioxidant effect and proper fitness. Drink enough water. Do brisk walking for 40 minutes a day. Try this for 1-2 months and check your blood pressure when you are at rest for 15 minutes and have not smoked, drunk alcohol or coffee within the previous 1 hour. Contact your Doctor regarding this and you may be put on an anti-hypertensive depending on other risk factors like obesity, diabetes, renal function tests etc.