Should I be concerned about feeling bloated, cramping as I had accident with face hit ?

Hello, I was involved in a car accident three days ago. The vehicle I was in T-boned another vechile at 50mph. I was on the back right passenger side and was not wearing a seatbelt, I hit face first into the back of the seat. We had just finished eating lunch right before the accident and I told the NP at the ER that I felt bloated but thought it was due to lunch. Three days later im still bloated/ swollen and cramping, should I be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Hi, thank you for posting.

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

The symptoms that you refer might be related to cerebral comotion(high intracarnial pressure).
Cerebral comotion caused by the hit is manifested with nausea and vomiting.

To confirm the diagnosis you need:
1. MRI of head.(Magnetic resonance imaging).
2. Abdominal ultrasound, to exclude a possible abdominal disease.
3. Complete blood count.
4. Liver function test.
5. Urine test.

You should immediately consult your neurologist.

I hope this information is helpful.

Take Care.
Dr. Behar.