Shortness of breath, strange heart beats while lying down. Reason?

Hi A few nights ago I woke up for some reason. Noticing my heart was beating irregularly or that I couldn t feel my heart as usual,I panicked and felt for a pulse by my neck . I needed to see how strong my pulse was. My heart beat seemed softer than usual. The following dayvi went to my GP and he ran a few basic tests after saying that my symtoms don t sound like heart trouble. I also have shortness of breathe and my heart beats strangely when I lie down. It feels almost like my heart goes away.My test results were as follows: blood pressure 116/58, pulse 66, blood sugar 4.9, cholestrol 5.3, height 1m82cm, weight 74.3. I also had a resting ecg . My GP said that my results were like someone who was fasting but I m probably stressed and had a panic attack. I m not sure about stress being the problem. I think there is more to this. Maybe AF or my heart isn t pumping enough ogygen so I m often short of breath. Should I see A ciaropractor or pass it off as stress? Just before I typed this message I tried to Sleep and experianced that fading heart sencation and a weird beat which made me feel a bit light headed.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013