Short, deformed torso due to spinal injury. Genetic disorder?

My son is dating someone and planning to marry. She has an uncle with some condition. The man is very short (a little over 4 ft) with deformed torso. The family says that they dropped him as a baby, which caused a spine injury. The functions are okay for a short person, he can walk and move normally, he is okay mentally. His 3 siblings look healthy, and their children too. I am worried that it could be a genetic disorder . Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013