Shooting pain from left hand to shoulder and on the left leg. Is this a nerve problem?

I get a breath taking pain in the palm of my left hand shooting up my arm into my shoulder . I get the same feel of pain in my left leg at the joint right behind my knee. I have had a buldging disk in my back a few years ago. I have been told this a nerve issue?? This pain is very spuratic may not have it for days yesterday I got it in my hand 5-6 times and lasted 7-12 seconds vs the short 1-2 sec. spurts
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
The symptoms that you are having are likely to be due to a pinched nerve at the level of cervical spine.
An MR of the neck and the affected shoulder will help in diagnosing the exact problem. Right now you can start taking methylcobalamin supplements, avoid overhead activities, avoid using a pillow
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.