Shingles around left ear, down neck on left side, zoster without herpes, began valacyclovir, mild vertigo. Any damage of vestibular nerve ?

I had shingles starting on December 25. It occurred around my left ear and down my neck on the left side. It was apparently zoster without herpes , as I began valacyclovir with 72 hours of onset and never developed blisters, just a raised painful rash. About 3 weeks after it started I experieced a brief 1 to 3 minute episode of mild vertigo . The ground wouldn t stay still. Today I had the same thing occur in my home. Same duration same effect. Is it possible that the zoster virus has damaged my vestibular nerve and these episodes could continue or worsen?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013