Shin injury in the past, swelling, bruising, line running across skin, lighter coloration, knot under skin, pain on touching. Causes for pain?

I fell on a step ladder about three years ago, and as I was falling I hit my shin on the ladder edge really hard. My shin swelled really big and bruised quickly, i could hardly walk because of the pain. To this day I have a line that runs across my skin where the skin it lighter than my other skin and there is still a knot just not as big. And last night a sharp pain kept coming from it. When I just smooth my hand across this bump and area it hurts badly. Do you have any clue why it could still be hurting?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Hi welcome to HCMForum. There might be a hair line fracture of the mandible. or a foreign body would have been pricked and stayed there.
Now got infected and started paining. There is a possibility of getting a swelling also. I advise you to consult a surgeon for diagnosis and
treatment. Dont worry every thing will be fine after treatment. Avoid taking pulses potato and fish to minimise the formation of pus.