Sharp pains in abdomen upon sitting

I am a 32 y/o female of average body size. For the past 6 hours I have had discomfort in walking, the best way to describe it is sort of like when I was status post c-section. When I sit down it sends sharp stabbing pains up through my lower abdomen , I would have to say it is more focalized the left. I am not sexually active, I have had regular bowel movements and I am not pregnant .
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Without examining it can be due to various causes. Very sharp pain on the left lower side with such a short duration points towards ovarion torsion. Please visit your doctor and have an ultrasound abdomen done so that the doctor can reach the definite diagnosis.