Sharp pain while passing gas, head to rest room, no control. Advised stool test. Reason?

Hi I am a 51 year old female. for the past 6months When I pass fart or pass gas, I sometimes get sharp pain in my lower gut and head to a restroom ...Problem is I don t make it I am covering in poo, it happened again last night at work and it was in my socks... Its as if I have no control, if I have to go I have to go Now ..??? Any advise would be greatly appreciated..I have been asked to take a stool sample to the doctors office, I hame picking up the poop scooping kit tomorrow
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013