Sharp pain in the left side of throat, cough, swelling in neck. Causes ?

Ive been sick recently didnt really think anything of it but a simple cold but the last 3 days have been miserable. I have sharp pain in the left side of my throat when swallowing so bad that i squint my eyes even trying to swallow saliva . I have a cough along with this that has been present for the past week. Also, my glands on the left side of my neck have minimal swelling but are painful even with the lightest touch. The pain has expanded all throughout the left side of my neck making it hard to turn my head and focus on simple tasks.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012