Sharp pain around upper side of ribs and hurts to breath. Should I go for medical check up?

HI I am having an extreme amount of pain around my right upper side of my ribs it hurts to breath more or so to breath out rather than in it comes and goes in really sharpe pains. I feel mostly in the transition of standin up or sitting down. It also starts at the middle of my side and goes right around in to my spine I know theres not much to be done for an injurey to my ribs so should I go get myself checked out. Or just try to fixx myself at home. I am little scared since it seems to hurt to breath. thank you Mindy
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013