Sharp pain and weakness in the legs after running. Bone bulging out on the knee. What to do?

I am a 36 year old male whom plays soccer and flag football on a weekly basis, over the last few months I noticed after running about 30 minutes into a soccer match I felt some sharp pain and weakness in my left leg, i noticed that there is a bone sticking out on the left side of my knee on my left leg, the pain usually last for a few days, then the bone seems to go back into its normal position, i dont have that problem on the right knee. What could that be and what should i do?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
You must get yourself examined by a orthopaedaecian who can determine if the protrusion is indeed a bone. It could also be something else altogether. It seems that you may have developed some kind of trauma due to repeated use or injury due to your activity of football. An Xray of the affected part will also confirm the nature of injury.