Sharp headaches, few seconds but severe, hydrated, no injury. Is it serious?

hi, ive been getting very sharp headaches that last only a few seconds but are so severe i have to hold my head and close my eyes, they come on very quickly, ive tried to make sure im hydrated and have also tried taking pain relief before i go out because of them but it doesn t seem to help,i havent banged my head or had any kind of injury so am not sure what fetches them on, im only 26. should i see my doctor? is there anything i should worry about?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012