Sexual intercourse, testicular swelling. Taking antibiotics. Cyst needs to be removed. Cancerous?

hello, my boyfriend and I started having sex a few weeks ago, and a week later he began to have testicular swelling . he has been to his doctor who prescribed him a weeks course of antibiotics , however it hasnt improved and he has been back since and had more antibiotics, as they think it may be a cyst that needs to be removed. if that happens, is it a serious procedure and will it affect his ability to have sex or his fertility? and how likely is it to be cancerous as thats a big worry for us? thankyou.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012