Severe thigh injury, bruising, purple discoloration, pain on touching. Medical attention required?

I had a filing cabinet that weighed about 100 pounds fall on my upper thigh as I landed on the ground. It brusied that night and has been purple/blue for 5 days now but didnt hurt other then to the touch. Its been killing me all evening now. Do I need to see a doctor? Why is it hurting like this 5 days after the fact?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013

Due to trauma,blood might have collected in the thigh.It is called haematoma.It will be resolved spontaneously in course of time.Due to the changes in the collected blood,the colour purple/blue is een.

Please take an Anti inflammatory drug twice daily.

If it is not resolving ,consult your surgeon and proceed accordingly.

If the surrounding area is red,add an antibiotic to combat the infection.

Nothing to worry

Wish you speedy recovery